Those that know me well know that I am extremely goal focused. This has served me really well in my professional life and now that I am in school, but in wedding planning, has been more of a burden than a blessing. Part of it is that the wedding is so far away and, before classes start, I find myself idle at times so I find myself obsessing of little tiny details and an impatience to just "book things already". Being action oriented, I always am ready to go-go-go! but I know there is a time and place for everything. Luckily, H is around to keep me in check and he does it so sweetly - he totally has the right to check me with a "get a grip on yourself!!" but instead, listens to me talk about seating arrangements for a wedding we are planning almost 18 months away before smiling, kissing me on the forehead and saying "that sounds great, babe - we can think about this more when the time comes."
This is going to sound super lame, but I recently watched the Bachelorette Wedding special with JP and Ashley's wedding. I watched it partly out of curiosity to see how that whole saga was going (I wasn't crazy about Ashley's season but I am an avoid Bachelor/Bachelorette fan!), but ended up really enjoying it because it spend a bit of time going over the couple's experience wedding planning. It was fun to watch them go through it and make decisions at some point H and I will make. The show made planning look painless and that wedding planners are a huge part of that - something to think about but I still need to investigate more on cost :)
Anyway, from watching the show, it was so sweet to see how in love this couple was and it really reminded me of how much wedding planning is an learning and growing experience to go through with your soon-to-be husband. The wedding is a celebration of your relationship and all of the bells and whistles of the event are really just a backdrop to the simplicity and purity of the love that is shared between two people.
So as anxious as I am, I am so lucky to have a fiance who loves me for my enthusiasm and who is able to ground me, ever so gently. I know we're only in the beginning phases, but I am super excited to be planning what is sure to be a kick-ass wedding and to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment