Thursday, January 3, 2013
The Beginning
After getting engaged late last October, my fiance and I enjoyed months of post-engagement bliss. It's a wonderful time that is a repeat of the "honeymoon phase" of your relationship - everything feels so new and exciting again, and you feel so incredibly loved and lucky. Never a super romantic couple, we were suddenly living a romance movie - eyes sparkling, music playing when you touch, and all of that (okay, maybe for us it was more of a rom-com). You receive a downpour of congratulations from your family and friends and it feels pretty awesome to reach such an important milestone in your relationship that you can't help but beam with pride and love.
But then... the questions start.
"When is the wedding?"
"How big will your wedding be?"
"What kind of dress do you like?"
Without any idea of how to respond, I most commonly laugh and shrug but internally, it left me worried and perplexed. I had always dreamed of being married to the perfect guy when I was younger, but had not ever really fixated or thought about the wedding part. Without any specific opinions or desires, I felt inadequate when asked these questions -- was I supposed to know all this stuff already?
Now that I have a couple months of "engagement-ness" behind me and am a little more researched in all-things-wedding, I am feeling more excited about the planning the wedding and look forward to sharing this adventure with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment